Table of Contents
Guide to Prevue Pet Products Hamster Cages
The hamster’s cage’s interior is fully wired so there won’t be any problems such as escapees or bedding being thrown out by mischievous little paws! It has an easy access slide-out tray at the bottom with a full-width grill so the little ones won’t be able to collect any bedding material on their journey to freedom.
Different cage styles Of Prevue manufactures
1) Designer Series Cage – Its wire front gives it that designer look, but its pearl white body makes cleaning easy with just water. The 1/2 inch bar spacing provides plenty of air circulation while minimizing escapes. The full-width plastic pan floor removes quickly and easily for cleaning. The bottom door allows for easy cleaning or inspection without having to remove the unit from your home or office.
2) Home Sweet Home – Its all-wire front door gives it that stylish look while its rounded edges will provide your small pet with plenty of room to move about without any sharp bar corners! Its wire top provides plenty of ventilation while minimizing escapes. The four easy-glide casters make moving this unit a breeze.
3) Top of the World – Has an all-mesh top, allowing plenty of ventilation for your hamster or other small pet. This does mean that you won’t be able to use any water bottles inside the tank, but there are larger-sized dishes available if this is an issue for you.
4) My First Home – Comes with a plastic base and wire upper section, providing maximum air circulation while minimizing escapes. It also includes a side access door that allows you to clean the cage without having to remove your pet from its home.
5) Midi – A fully welded 1/2 inch bar spaced metal frame makes this unit both strong and escape-proof. This unit also features 2 large doors, which makes it easier for you to clean inside the cage or allow your little friend to get in and out of its home. The plastic base adds strength, durability, and ease of cleaning.
Best Prevue Pet Products Hamster Cages – FAQ
What is the best brand for hamster cages?
Our Top 5 Best Hamster Cages of 2021 Table
Living World Habitat Our choice 9.7
Prevue Pet Products 528 Best Overall 9.1
AmazonBasics Pet Habitat Best Value 8.8
Savic Hamster Cage 8.2
1 more row
What should I put in my natural hamster cage?
Many creators of natural hamster cages use these hamster-approved materials:
What should you not put in a hamster cage?
What NOT to Put In You Hamster’s Cage:
Do not use anything that is made of pine or cedarwood, including bedding or toys as these woods can make your pet sick.
Beware of any kind of bathroom sand that is dusty or powdery is because it can cause respiratory issues.
Are hamsters happy in cages?
A hamster won’t be happy just in a plastic cage; you have to give it bedding as well. Wooden shavings are a good start but can be bad for your hamster’s health.
How long should a hamster be out of its cage?
The amount of time your hamster needs to be held really depends on how to hand tames your hamster is. If your hamster is happy to be handled outside of its cage, then we would recommend doing this at least once a day, for as long as your hamster is enjoying it. Hamsters are skittish animals and can be incredibly fast.
Why small hamster cages are bad?
Most plastic cages are too small for a hamster and cause the hamster to become bored and display unwanted behaviors. As well, smaller modules may not have good ventilation posing health risks for hamsters.
Can 2 hamsters live in the same cage?
Owners who want to keep more than one hamster in the same cage should opt for the Dwarf species.
These can be kept in pairs or groups – but they will still need plenty of space, as they are territorial.
Syrian hamsters, however (and sometimes Chinese too) must be kept alone.
Why Crittertrail cages are bad?
But unfortunately, the wheels in these cages are far too small for a hamster. When hamsters use wheels that are not big enough, this causes them to arch their backs and can cause problems. Finally, Crittertrails are a lot more expensive than other types of cages so you will be having to make a larger initial outlay.
Can I put rocks in my hamster cage?
You can put rocks into a hamster’s cage and they can help keep their claws trim, but you must make sure that they are not too small. It is also important to ensure that any rocks you place in the cage have been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
What’s the lifespan of a hamster?
Roborovski dwarf hamster: 2 – 3 years
Chinese hamster: 2 – 3 years
Search for: What’s the lifespan of a hamster
What plants can I put in my hamster cage?
FLOWERS THAT ARE SAFE FOR HAMSTERS TO EAT
How do I know my hamster is happy?
They are lethargic
Can hamsters miss their owners?
Hamsters do form strong bonds with their owners & also get used to the routine so Stella most likely is missing your daughter when she’s away but it sounds as though she enjoys her time with you too & I don’t think you can really do much more than you are, she’s probably just a little upset by the change but sounds fine
Do hamsters like music?
Hamsters like listening to music, they like anything that makes them react, and they crave stimuli. As a general rule, most hamsters enjoy music that is gentle and instrumental; this is true of many animals, not just hamsters. This type of music can help your pet to relax and even soothe him to sleep.
Why does my hamster stare at me?
So for example, if you wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and walk past your hamster’s cage, you’ll notice him staring at you blankly. So your hamster could be listening for something, or he could be surprised, or scared.
Do hamsters get bored in their cage?
He can get bored though, only if you’ve given him an especially bare and small cage. Every hamster will like a larger cage better, so if you can get a big cage you should do that. Aside from the minimum bedding on the cage floor, there is also the absolute need for a hideout.
Do hamsters like being out of their cage?
Most hamster owners release their pets from their cages on a daily basis, and many experts recommend that they be permitted this freedom at least once a week.
Much like humans, hamsters allowed to move about freely outside their steel-enforced homes tend to be happier and healthier overall.
How often should I sand bathe my hamster?
It is entirely up to you how often to offer your hamster a sand bath. Some people like to keep the sand bath in their hamster’s cage so it has the option every day, whereas others like to offer it less frequently. The most important thing is to make sure the sand you are offering is clean.
Can hamsters die from a small cage?
Unfortunately, many hamsters will eventually die unexpectedly or seemingly “for no reason.” In some cases, two hamsters who are housed together will both die within a short time period of time or even at the same time. It should be noted that this is a very common occurrence and is often not the fault of the owner.
Is caging hamsters cruel?
Is it cruel to keep all animals in captivity?